Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Yokosuka, Japan

I walked into a United States Navy recruiting station in Margate, Florida in June 2004. Two weeks later I was boarding a plane to go start boot camp in Great Lakes, Chicago. From Great Lakes, Chicago I was sent to San Antonio, Texas for ‘A’ school (training) where I would learn how to apply my rate (job title). After I successfully graduated MA (master-at-arms) ‘A’ school I was flown to Yokota air base in Japan. From Yokota I took a bus to my first duty station, Yokosuka, Japan. Yokosuka was my first duty station. I was stationed in Japan from Nov 04' - Nov 06'. My primary duties were to stand post at our force protection gates, patrol the neighborhood by unit enforcing rules and regulations throughout the base, and stand force protection on the water by harbor security force. So far, Japan has been my overall most enjoyable experience. Not only was my everyday work exciting, but the experiences and opportunities I had outside the base were priceless!

No comments: