Thursday, March 13, 2008

"attitude"

I’m on my third overseas deployment, almost 22 years old, and only recently I am able to put in text what kind of person I am. These past few months I have had a rush of realization (we can thank the Navy for that). This is who I am, what I desire, and where I see myself in the near future.

My personality is intimidating. I am a very strong willed female, with more goals than a man ten years older than me. I know what I want out of life, and it kills others to see me with a sturdy head on my shoulders. If I put my mind to something, I get it done. Don’t bother trying to break me down; I’ll just laugh at you.

My poker face is deadly. It may look like I am pissed at the world when you see me walking down the street, when in reality I’m thinking about what I want to cook for dinner.

Networking does not work for me. I know that by networking you create a web of people who can help you in the future, but I strongly disagree with this concept. It works for others, but it will never work for me. I believe that you should only be hired for a position because of what is on your resume, not because of who you know. Don’t try to convince me otherwise, I’ll look at you stupid.

Socialization is a waste of my time. If I enjoy spending time with you, I will give you my undivided attention. I can’t carry on a conversation with you if I’m not interested in what you have to say. I can’t fake interest; my facial expressions get a hold of me. I would rather stay at home then go to a party.

You cannot criticize me if I do not respect you. You better be shit hot before you have an opinion about what I am doing. Don’t even think about judging me if you haven’t done it already. And if you’re fat, you might as well not even open your mouth. You lost my respect the second I looked at you.

I speak my mind, with no tact whatsoever. I keep saying I’m trying to work on it, but how do you speak your mind with tact? I tell the truth, the honest truth that no one wants to hear. I love the military but I can’t conform to what he military expects me to be. You need to network, socialize with all the right people, and never have an opinion.

Desires. Right now, my only desire is to get back to the United States and work on my education. I want my Bachelors degree in criminal justice. As soon as I get my degree and meet the prerequisites for the FBI, I’ll be submitting a package for linguistics. After I start working full time, I’m going to take college part time to attain my Masters. Education should never stop, there’s always more to learn.

Before I leave Afghanistan I hope to save enough money to get me started (as a civilian!).

:)

No comments: